Dear Lucky G,
You know what it is like to be in the spotlight. It’s tough, but it never used to bother me. Until February 2021. This year, the world is waiting to see if there will be more winter or an early spring. With the pandemic, there is pressure for warmer weather to get here fast. People are sad and want to get outside. What am I supposed to do, Lucky G? Statistics show I am only right about half of the time; however, everyone keeps looking to me for my shadow sighting. Please help me get over this stage fright!
Your famous friend,
Rest assured, you will be back in your cozy burrow soon and this will all be behind you. Let’s get you ready for your big moment. Here are some pointers for a groundhog like you or for anyone who has to be “on stage”!
Your not AS famous friend, yet 😊,
- Be your own biggest fan. This may seem silly or a bit uncomfortable, but it is totally normal and necessary. When you get up, look in the mirror and say things like, “Hey rock star, lookin’ good!” “Hi there beautiful, how are you going to change the world today?” This is especially important in tough times like, for instance, when the world is waiting for your furry forecast.
- Model after someone else. Is there someone whose confidence is oozing like slime at a 10-year-old girl’s birthday party? Watch. Learn. Listen. Do what they do.
- Pick powerful helpers. I feel better when I’m wearing my baseball cap or really any kind of hat. I think it’s a bit of a comfort thing for me, like a security blanket or a plushie. Maybe headphones with a calming app would help you through. You figure out what works for you.
- Be the calm. Breathe. Imagine your happiest place. Go there in your mind. There are lots of great apps out there, like Calm or Insight Timer. Plug in. Tune out.
- Garbage in. Garbage out. Stick to healthy good foods. Eat enough, but not too much. Drink enough water. This is key to putting your best paw forward.
Phil, you’ve got this. You’ve done it hundreds of times before. You are the most famous forecaster in the world. You know this. Breathe. Good luck!!! By the way, I am good either way. No pressure from me. 😊